One of our regular activity - Food for Blind Institute
The least what we can do for them
The earth is a beautiful planet and there are some differently abled people who remain deprived of seeing this beauty.
Because of this they are not able to help themselves and others in so many activities, and become dependent on others. There are some very beautiful examples like:
- Helen Keller – Helen Keller (1880–1968) was a deaf and blind American woman. She learned how to read, write, and speak, and worked for the American Foundation for the Blind. She promoted education and equal opportunities for blind people.
- Joaquin Rodrigo – Joaquin Rodrigo (1901–1999) was a Spanish composer best known for his guitar music. All his musical works were composed in Braille on a Braille machine.
- Dr. Abraham Nemeth – Dr. Abraham Nemeth (1918–2013) was an American mathematician and inventor. He developed the Braille Code for math and science symbols.
- Ray Charles – Ameircan singer and pianist Ray Charles (1930–2004) is known as the father of soul music. He developed a style that was a combination of R&B (rhythm and blues), gospel music, and traditional blues style.
- Marla Runyan – Award-winning athlete and marathon runner Marla Runyan (1969–) became the first legally blind person to compete in the Olympic Games in 2000. She promotes the work of the Perkins School for the Blind, the first school for the blind in the USA.
All what matters is that they must be taken care of, they need some kind of motivation and a different kind of assistance to carve out their personality. Some portion of resources should be allocated towards Differently abled persons make them bring value to their life.
WAG Foundation is willing to bring out these people with much more confidence and a meaningful life, all what we need is your helping hand so we can channelize some resources towards this section of society.